Studio Schrofer is seeking a Senior Furniture Designer to join our expanding, energetic, collaborative and progressive design team as well as be part of one of the most competitive furniture companies in the industry. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a passion for furniture. This position is based in the Hague. Our philosophy can be summed up in these corporeal nature:
HEAD: Frans Schrofer, the Founder and CEO, values simplicity, practicality, beauty, resourcefulness, and state-of-the-art technologies. By combining these elements, Frans takes unconventional approaches and making unexpected forms, at the same time, keeping the function and aesthetics in mind.
HEART: Strongly driven by ecological morals, Studio Schrofer is dedicated to change in the industry by minimising waste. The company looks to build a future for sustainable design that will impact the potential of manufacturing and benefit future generations of consumers.
HANDS-ON: Our language of form communicates comfort and luxury. We work with craftsmen and technicians to sculpt ergonomic perfection. Our designs translate easily from the drafting board onto the factory floor and from the production line into the world of consumers.
If these are also values you believe in, please read on.
This position requires a thorough understanding of furniture design, knowledge of upholstery and manufacturing techniques, and strong 3D Studio Max and hand rendering skills.
The Senior Furniture Designer is a key part of Studio Schrofer’s Product Development team. This position will work closely with the CEO himself, as well as the manufacturers and global clients to conceptualize and design comfortable furniture that express the individuality of our customers and keep Studio Schrofer competitive in the luxury furniture market.
The ideal candidate must
- be creative and think outside of the box
- must be proficient with 3d Studio Max or Maya, Microsoft Office and comfortable using Adobe Suites Program(s), primarily Photoshop as well as SolidWorks and AutoCAD (or similar program). Be willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
- is meticulously detailed with strong follow through with implementation.
- be a motivated self-starter and multitasker who works well in a collaborative environment
- be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- have excellent communication skills in visual, written, and verbal form
- 3+ years’ experience designing in the furniture industry. Good understanding and knowledge of the key players in the luxury and mid-segment of the market.
- Hands-on experience working with different materials and mass production processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbally and written
- Meticulous attention to detail: sensuous form, stitching, fabrics, leathers,
- Energetic, passionate, and a good team worker
- Fluent in English (Dutch language skills is a plus point)
- Applicants must hold valid EU work permit
WHAT WE OFFER
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. You will be able to travel to major international furniture fairs to visit our clients. At Studio Schrofer, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary.
Please sent your motivational letter, curriculum vitae, and portfolio in English to: email@example.com .